Completed some features for the iOS game. Still using the screen touch instead of objects.
First try for the Kinect Motion Capture. Turned out very well.
I incorporated Block and Parry into the game. I'm having a issue for making an enemy attack be both block able and able to dodge, rather then one or the other.
I think we need a save the Score feature for the game. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. It will probably be the one thing that takes me the most time to do.
I'll incorporate Two health bars into the game by Wed that also have triggers for when health is totally depleted.
I included the zombie bite at the start of the game. I'm still not sure how it looks honestly. But need some way to introduce the main enemy in a somewhat dramatic way. I found out the code for the health damage was deleted along time ago. Fixed that. Incorporated the turret and it's working fine. Im going to switch most of the smart AI to Dumb Rigid Body objects. The hit detection on the AI models are just horrible.
My GF helped me draw out a storyboard of how the introduction of the Nano into the game should be. I've spent some time animating it in matinee but nothing to great yet.
Otherwise just waiting on Assets.
Today I created the White Blood Cell pickups. These will be used as a collection device for the player to progress into the main boss area.
Last feature that I am adding to the game is the Automatic Turret. The player gets 5 of them from the start and can be used to clear out areas.
The Collision with the nanobot has been fixed.
After a day working on it the animations of the zombie biting the players neck. The level animations I made were to extreme. I will have to make it look gruesome with a static level which shouldn't be to much of a problem. I will just make the assets myself.
Created the base structure for the fighting game I am also working on. I still need the animations and alot more technical stuff to make it better.
Edit: I learned how to blend animations alot better. Haven't implemented it yet tho.
I have been working on compiling a library of sounds that will be incorporated into the Nano game. Currently I have ambiance, enemy attack, explosions, propulsion and boost sounds. Today I will be modifying their formats to work with UDK and searching for some more sounds to add to the game. I will be using freesound.org for a majorty of the new sounds and Audacity to modify the sounds.
I have upgraded Nano to UDK October 2012 but am reluctant to continue editing in it because of performance issues. So most editing will continue in UDK May 2012.
Experienced some issues with the smart AI. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Will hope to finish the issue by tonight.
Cleared the level of most enemies, cancer, and kismet and have a clean slate to work on. Will continue to develop the script and the story of events that will be occurring.
Will also delete the extra health bars that are meant to represent each organ. But will have one health bar to represent the overall health of the host body. Currently have just a bar to represent the health, but hopefully will be able to incorporate a animated heart monitor by the end of this quarter.
The main level has been completed and incorporated into UDK. The geometry was fixed to allow the animations of it being crushed and torn by the zombie bite. Next step is to finish the animation within UDK with a placeholder mesh for the teeth. Then I will be incorporating what has been layed out in the script of events to occur step by step, as assets come in for me to use.
Below is the layout for Nanosurgeon.
A video from December 2012 of the current gameplay elements inside Nanosurgeon
Do to the time constraints, I cut the newest organs out of the game. I reverted most of the kismet into the new map with little issues. I found out from someone that the school is using the October 2012 version of UDK. Unfortunately that seems to pulled from the UDK website so I will have to put a hold on updating from my May 2012 version of UDK.
The following needs to be completed in order to have the most ideal game by the end of this quarter.
- 2-3 Drawn comic cells that represents the story and build up to the scenario
- Voice and Sound f/x for the comic cells
- A finished Level layout, And an animated version for the zombie attack.
- Assets needed finished animated, and coded; Nanobot, Zombie Worm, Zombie Head, Capturing Plant, Wounds, Bacteria and Virus.
-Main texture for the exterior of the body and organ. Silhouette of a person
- Extra assets; Something that I copy and paste assets that I can use to "decorate" or texture the walls of the veins, arteries and organs.
- Implementation of code for all the new assets given. Luckily I made pre fabs that were easy to switch out the assets and keep the code.
- Any animation that needs to be done in Matinee, most importantly the worm and the different ways it attacks the player and body.
After reviewing the prefabs that I created previously. We have chosen to work towards a very polished single scenario to be completed by the end of this quarter. The Zombie attack. The scenario will start off with 2-3 Painted Cells showing a zombie attack in progress. It will end with a zombie lunging at a person's neck. It will cut to the current level, with a 3d asset of a zombie ripping at the Host's neck violently will be shown. It will tear away a portion of the veins and arteries, while bubbling up the wounded area with infection and bacteria. A foreign body will enter through the wound. But I won't go into much more, except for the scenario will be based upon the destruction caused by the foreign body, infection, and bacteria from the zombie.
Today I worked on polishing the level. The Collision was fixed so that the player will no longer get stuck against the walls randomly. Some Kismet errors in regards to prefabs I created in the past were corrected